Wednesday, November 7, 2007

WOW!


The bar snacks (for a cost of course) and bar fridge, India style. Stocked with more unusual and tempting treats than chocolate and mini booze!

Designing my embroidery!
Gorgeous church! Tomorrow we go to a Ganesha's temple.




The sights, sounds, smells and absolute organized chaos is overwhelming! So far I've designed 2 of my own suits along with one embroidery of my own design! How cool is that??? Apparently no one has ever done that before, so I had several of the tailors sitting around me watching. I guess even in this city I still gotta do it my way. *blush*

We were exhausted the first day and that was about all we did. Amin picked us up today and we saw so much we are still trying to process it. He is everything everyone said about him and more! We have far from mastered crossing the street, but walking on it is doable now. Amin got us a cell phone and we went to an awsome lassi place and then Candie's for lunch. Shopping is almost too much. I never knew what choice was till I was faced with this! I hope to catch a picture tomorrow.

We went to the highest end to the lowest and it's been amazing. The only down side we have had is that we can't seem to get wireless in our room and it's just a super expensive to use it anyways. It's not free with the room as we first thought, it is just 'available'. Although it's available at 1/10 the price elsewhere, the convenience of having it at the hotel on your down time is worth paying for. Here are a couple of pix. Nowhere near what I wish we had, but it's hard to stop and take pix. You miss alot trying! The honking never stops and seems really pointless, but once you've been in a car or autorickshaw for awhile, you see the 'logic' in it. AND the system seems to work!!! Still not sure how.

The fountain in the lobby

Gotta go. Time almost out and super tired. HUGE day tomorrow! We love you all and hopefully we will try to keep you updated as best we can!

XXOO

Kim & Doug

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay you arrived safe! Good to hear! It's getting cold over here. Man I know you can take on that shopping no probs--you just need to get used to it! Well keep us posted as best ya can!
later days with much love!
sabrina~

Anonymous said...

Hi guys,

Sounds like you are doing okay. We went to work today for the first time after getting back.. man did that really bite!

Will watch the blog to see updates.

Lori, Randy, and Kona (WOOF WOOF!)

Anonymous said...

Hi,Doug and Kim
Good to see you made it ok,the pictures look good.Some more pictures with you and kim would sure be great for all of us Dana gave me the site we like it alot, well keep watching love your sis.
Lynn, Greg, Matt, and keith

Anonymous said...

Designing your own embriodery! I love it! You'll so have to show me it! Glad you are having such a great time both of you!
Love and hugs,
Raina