Sunday, November 25, 2007

well today we head out! Woke up early, already had the bags pretty pre packed. Wish I could have shopped more. Would have loved to have gotten more gifts, but I am grateful for the ones I could get and even managed to get a couple of suits for myself! Hope they fit!

Went downstairs for breakfast and all of the ugly clown things are gone now. Not sure why but there is definitely alot of action going on. Say goodbye to many of the sweet staff who are sorry to see us go and ask when we are coming back. Must be our easygoing attitudes and friendliness, as we are mediocre tippers! Off to the Internet cafe for the last 'In India' blog that we will have time to post. Off to find cigs for Victor. We're down to our last rupees and had NO idea they would be so dear...shoulda taken out more money, shoulda gotten sooner, coulda, shoulda, woulda...ah well. One carton it is. Contemplated a bit of a walk down the street to see if there were any street vendors that may catch our eyes, but a sewer break had made such an aroma, that we decided to head back and R & R to get geared up for our loooooong trek home. Lots of activity by the pool we can see when we get to our room. LOUD music and the sound system and lighting system that we saw at breakfast was well on it's way to getting ready for action. 'VITS - Guest. Rest. Best.' banner was on the dance floor suspended over the pool. Did a Bollyshoot make it's way into our hotel??? They even decorated the lobby and changed the logos on the doors. By about 3 we can see dancers practice, stage smoke, and fire leaping from the water using a gas/movie effects guys setting up these contraptions in the pool. Needless to say, the pool is closed. By 4 we go for chaat/lunch and see some workers putting up a purple shiny gateway. Not having a good go of it and planning may have been a bit lax. It reminded me of the scene in the movie "Spinal Tap" where the band orders a miniature of Stonehenge instead of life sized and it gets trampled on stage by the dwarves. They put this over the exit to start with, not the entrance and no cars can get though it bigger than a small Toyota. The Hotel has buses. Umm..problems! So as we leave we can see the beautiful from the front, somewhat damaged from the back gate way with huge flaming incense burners IN BETWEEN the entrance and exit. Looks awesome, glad they figured it out. FINALLY ask what all the hoo ha is. They are changing the name of the hotel from Lotus Suits to VITS and TODAY is the big blow out. Great. We leave the hotel for 10, it starts at 8. *sigh* Well under our door comes in invite! Of course all guests receive a free wonderful meal to celebrate in the Sapphire room. The big show off with the cameras an paparazzi and 'Page 3' people is reserved for...well ....the Bollywood and Page 3 people and the $$ people. Now...not being one to just sit and watch, I tried to get Doug to go down and see what was happening. He'd rather nap. OK....well here is my chance to go to the 'Mumbai Bar' that I never got to do and bought my western wear for! On go the knee high leather boots, classy flair skirt and makeup. Now having to go through every freaking packed bag was a bit of a pain, but worth it!

Off I go and explore the sapphire room. No one there but the staff all recognize me. I chat and say my goodbyes and go to 'just peek' in the other room. I see other hotel guests being routed into the quiet ‘free dinner’ room but go by the VIP room. I guess I look confident and like I’m supposed to be there and I'm hustled in, led to the bar and a plate of food is brought to me! This works! Everyone is awesome and one of the staff sees me standing with a plate and seats me with a lovely couple! I finally got my Bollybar! LOL After watching some of the entertainment, it’s off to upstairs to change into my salwar and get re-packed and head out.

*** Home now….ask me about customs when you see me and the further adventures of the looooong travel adventure just to get home!**********
Hope the blog worked well and was enjoyed by all who read it! Love you much!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I so enjoyed reading your blog..........welcome back

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed India. I'm sure you will soon be planning how to go back! I myself am leaving for India in 4 days, but to the South.

kimishivani from hennapage